GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ARTICLE 1 – DEFINITIONS
1. Supplementary agreement: according to this agreement Pikore Store independently or with the help of
third parties undertakes an obligation to supply products to clients on the basis of distance contract.
2. Withdrawal period: the client is entitled to recall the products throughout the duration of this period
3. Consumer: any natural person who orders and pays for products in Pikore Store.
4. Day: a calendar day;
5. Digitized content: any data in digital form that is transmitted between the buyer and the Pikore Store
6. Durable medium: in the interaction between the consumer and the Pikore store, any means of storing
data, including e-mail, which allows saving and, if necessary, restore data, can be used.
7. Right of withdrawal: the client has the right at any time during the withdrawal period to refuse to
perform a distance contract.
8. Distance contract: an agreement between the Pikore Store and the Consumer who purchases at the
Pikore Store. The Distance contract applies to all orders issued by the Pikore Store.
9. Model form for the right of withdrawal: the withdrawal procedure includes the client’s familiarization
with Annex 1 hereof, drawn up in line with the European model. If and to the extent the Consumer has no
intention to withdraw, then he/she does not need to provide Appendix 1.
10.The way of distance communication: this term implies that the purchaser and the seller do not have to
be in the same place to make an order and sign a contract.
ARTICLE 2 – APPLICABILITY
The client and Pikore Store agree that these general conditions are applied to all
orders made by the client and completed distance contracts.
ARTICLE 3 – THE CONTRACT
1. This distance contract enters into force immediately after the Consumer has accepted the offer in a
proper manner and all requirements for making a contract established herein are performed.
2. Intercommunication and any contacts between the Consumer and the Pikore Store can be made via e-
mail, or other proper was agreed by the Parties.
3. To the extent permitted by the applicable law, Pikore Store has a title to apply a check of the Consumer’s
solvency and other facts that testify to the eligibility of the Consumer to conclude the distance contract. If
there are sufficient grounds for refusing to conclude the contract, Pikore Store may exercise this right.
ARTICLE 4 – RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
Upon delivery of products
1. When in a situation where the consumer is intended to terminate the contract, he/she must notify Pikore
Store in an orderly manner during 14 days since the purchase of goods. In addition, the consumer has a
right to refuse performance of the contract on his/her own discretion. However, with the Consumer’s
consent, he/she may communicate the Pikore Store about the reason, but he/she is not obliged.
2. The period for refusal to perform the contract starts from the date the products are received by the buyer
or his/her representative.
3. In order to avoid an occurrence of disputable situations at the moment of receiving the Goods, the
Consumer must make sure that it corresponds to the order (color, the name of the goods and other
ARTICLE 5 – CONSUMER’S OBLIGATIONS DURING THE WITHDRAWAL PERIOD
1. The products that the client intends to send back within 14 days must not be used (the products must be
without the smell of cigarettes, perfumes, and other smells, without stains of cosmetics, elongated threads,
etc.). We do not accept the return of the product which original packaging is damaged.
2. If the quality of returned goods has deteriorated, and this is due to misuse of the goods, Pikore Store
reserves the right not to accept the goods back.
ARTICLE 6 – CONSUMERS WHO EXERCISE THEIR RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL AND THE COSTS INVOLVED
1. If the consumer intends to use the right to refuse the contract, he/she may send such a request to
2. By sending such a request for withdrawal, the consumer must return the products to the Pikore Store no
more than 14 days after the date of receiving of the products by him/her or his/her representative. In some
cases, Pikore Store may take the products by itself from the consumer in case of stock returns. Under all
circumstances, all actions for the return of goods must be made within the prescribed period.
2. The consumer undertakes to carry out the return of the goods in absolutely the same condition and
packaging as he/she has received in accordance with the instructions of the Pikore Store.
4. The consumer must exercise and use the right to refuse in a correct way.
5. All costs connected with the return of products shall be undertaken by the Consumer.
6. If the consumer has exercised his right to refuse, then all other agreements for a particular order are
considered to be terminated in accordance with the applicable law.
ARTICLE 7 – PIKORE STORE’S OBLIGATIONS IN A CASE OF WITHDRAWAL
1. To the extent that an agreement between the parties to provide information sharing via email, the
purchaser has to send a withdrawal notice to Pikore Store, and Pikore Store, in turn, must send a notice of
confirmation of receiving of such a request
2. Pikore Store undertakes to return money for the goods within 14 days after receiving such notice of withdrawal. The term can be extended if Pikore Store does not receive the goods from the consumer in a specified period.
3. Repayments are made in the same way as the goods were paid. Also, the consumer has the right to
specify another method at his discretion. The costs for the return of funds are borne by the Pikore Store.
4. The consumer can choose any available delivery method. However, in case of excess of the cost of such
delivery over standard delivery, all additional costs will be borne by a sender.
ARTICLE 8 – PRECLUDING THE RIGHT OF WITHDRAWAL
Pikore Store reserves the right not to perform withdrawal with respect to the following products:
1. The goods, the value of which during the period for withdrawal is influenced by fluctuations on the
financial market and which do not depend on the Pikore Store’s actions.
2. Goods that have been produced under the requirements and decisions of the consumer, or those goods
that are intended for a particular costumer.
3. The goods for personal use in a sealed form, the packaging of which has been breached by the consumer
4. Packaged audio and video recordings
5. Intangible digital content, but only in cases where:
3. the consumer has given previously his/her clear consent the consumer confirms that by his/her
agreement he/she loses the right to withdrawal
ARTICLE 9 – THE PRICE
1. Pikore Store has the right to set and change prices
2. The prices for all products of Pikore Store are presented without VAT.
ARTICLE 10 – CONTRACT FULFILMENT AND EXTRA GUARANTEE
Pikore Store declares at the date of conclusion of the contract all the products submitted are sold in
accordance with the terms of this agreement and the relevant regulations. If there are additional approvals,
the products can be used for other purposes.
ARTICLE 11 – SUPPLY AND IMPLEMENTATION
1. Hereby, Pikore Store undertakes to take precaution measures during the preparation and performance of
2. When placing an order, the consumer agrees to indicate the exact and correct delivery address.
3. In addition, Pikore Store undertakes to make efforts to fulfill all accepted orders in the shortest and
reasonable time, but not more than 20 days from the receipt of the order. If Pikore Store does not ship the
goods on time, or it cannot be sent in wave portion, Pikore Store must notify the recipient about this within
20 days after placing the order. In such circumstances, the consumer retains the right to terminate the
agreement without any extra fees.
4. In case of cancellation of the contract on the basis provided for in clause 3 of this article, Pikore Store
undertakes to repay to the buyer within 14 days, except for the return commission.
5. In the event that the parties have not agreed otherwise, Pikore Store bears liability for risks until the
goods are received by the buyer or his/her authorized representative.
ARTICLE 12 – PAYMENT
1. Hereby the parties agree that payment for goods that can be returned must be made not later than 14
days from the date of the beginning of the withdrawal period, and for goods for which such period does not
extend from the date of conclusion of the distance contract.
2. The buyer agrees to notify Pikore Store immediately if any changes in payment data are detected.
3. The consumer undertakes to pay in a timely manner. In case of non-payment of timely payment, Pikore
Store sends a notice to the buyer with the appointment of an additional period for payment, but not more
than 14 days. If the consumer fails to pay during the additional period, Pikore Store has the right to collect
the debt forcibly.
ARTICLE 13 – COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE
1. The consumer undertakes to notify the seller immediately of the discovered lack of conformity with a
2. Pikore Store undertakes within 14 days from the date of receipt of the complaint: to provide an answer,
or in case of establishing an additional period for consideration of the complaint, to notify of indicating an
3. The complaint can be considered no longer than 4 weeks. Otherwise, the dispute will be referred to the
relevant authorities for settlement.
ARTICLE 14 – DISPUTES
All contracts between Pikore Store and the Consumer Governed by, and construed, construed and enforced
in compliance with, the laws of the USA. The competent courts of San Francisco, California, the exclusive
jurisdiction over the contracts and any dispute arising in connection therewith.
ARTICLE 15 – AMENDMENT TO THE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All changes to these terms are valid for the parties only after the relevant publishing by the Pikore Store in a
proper manner. For valid offers, the consumer can be guided by that edition, which is more acceptable to